OPERAs selected as a finalist of the Green Gown Awards 2019
The OPERAs Project was a five-year European research project running from 2012-2017 that aimed to put cutting edge ecosystem science into practice. The project goes to the final round of the UK Green Gown awards this year (https://www.greengownawards.org/2019-finalists1xx). Awards are made in Glasgow in this November, and we now prepare a full case for the competition.
In the OPERAs project, researchers and practitioners from 27 different organisations helped stakeholders to apply the ecosystem services and natural capital concept into practice. Our group leader Mark Rounsevell led the project and another group member Heera Lee participated in.
Synthetic policy briefs:
- How to link ecosystem services knowledge, tools and practice?
- How is ecosystem services included in policy?
- How do you include non-monetary values in decision making?
- How do you take into account trade-offs between ecosystem services in land management and decision-making?
- What should the EU consider to move towards No Net Loss?
- How to engage citizens with the ecosystem service approach?